Established in the year 1967, Northern College is a public college registered under the campus O19315830082 with nearly 1,500 full-time students enrolled every year with its three great and well-established campuses. The northern college is a globally recognized college and it’s the college which is a favorite among international students, The Centre of Excellence for Trades and Technology at the Timmins Campus offers cutting-edge programming in trades and engineering technology which is beautifully located in the heart of the Porcupine Goldfields, the Timmins Campus offers various programs in the fields of Business and Office Administration, Community Services, Engineering Technology and Trades, Health Sciences and Emergency Services, all other campuses are also best educational facilities and variety of programs to broaden the educational reach, Each program stream offers students access to uniquely specialized learning facilities that integrate learning theory into practice.
With over 75 full-time, part-time, certificate, diploma, and apprenticeship programs and hundreds of in-class, web-based, and correspondence courses, students are sure to find exactly what they are looking for.
WHY NORTHERN COLLEGE
The northern college offers quality education which is globally recognized, The College understands the unique choices of students; they focus on student’s mindsets and their skills so that they can make the right choices in their lives, The Northern College proudly provides the highest quality education in a tight-knit environment that promotes success through support. This teaching technique focuses on student-centric, experiential learning has led graduates to an impressive 85 percent employment rate after graduation.
All its campuses are well equipped and developed to provide the best facilities to their students, On the other hand, it’s big enough to provide all of the amenities and services expected of a larger city, Timmins is a thriving city where you can also explore the outdoor activities and enjoy city life, here you can enjoy shopping, enjoy food at local markets, become a part of Annual activities like Summerfest, Winter Carnival, The Great Canadian Kayak Challenge and Festival and the downtown core’s Urban Park showcase Timmins’ strong sense of community, and are great opportunities to engage in the rich local culture witness local music scene, check out the city’s annual Summer Concert Series held at Hollinger Park.
If all of this is starting to sound too big-city, don’t worry. Timmins is spacious enough that one won’t have to deal with metropolitan problems like traffic jams or line-ups at their favorite hang-out spots. If students crave an environment where they can enjoy the benefits of both small-town living and big-city excitement, they’ll find Timmins a perfect fit.
LIFE AT CAMPUS
Students have the opportunity to get involved in athletics and physical activity through recreational leagues and fully equipped fitness centers or join one of 80+ clubs and associations offered at the College. Students can become part of the Northern Student Federation which helps students engage with the college community, building lasting relationships while having fun in the process. . Come wintertime, students will find fantastic opportunities for snowmobiling, ice fishing and both cross-country and downhill skiing enjoy going to an art show, concert or the symphony, here students will find an assortment of athletic facilities, a multiplex cinema, lively nightlife and cuisine from around the world.
CAMPUS OF NORTHERN COLLEGE
The northern college has three main campuses expanded in the province of Ontario, It has a multiple-campus public college located in Greater Ontario with some locations in South Porcupine, Kirkland, Haileybury. The South Porcupine is formerly known as Timmins campus which is considered as the largest campus of Northern College. Students at this campus study courses in business, engineering, aviation, early childhood education, fashion, opticianry, information, and communications technology, and liberal arts. The northern College has a huge campus list mentioned below.
- Timmins | 4715 Highway 101 East, South Porcupine, ON P0N 1H0, Canada
- Kirkland Lake | Kirkland Lake, ON P2N 2E1, Canada
- Haileybury | 640 Latchford St, Haileybury, ON P0J 1K0, Canada
REFUND POLICY OF NORTHERN COLLEGE
Applicants who have submitted a complete and legitimate study permit application to Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and are refused the related study permit prior to commencing their studies at Northern College are eligible to apply for a full refund, less administrative fees of $500 CAD and any related banking charges deducted during transmission. Such requests must include a copy of the relevant letter of refusal from the Canadian Embassy High Commission, or Consulate Visa Section.
If you wanted to blackout without any visa decision Northern College will deduct $1860 CAD from your tuition fee.
To get admission in any UNDERGRADUATE DIPLOMA in northern college the minimum Level of Education Required is Class 12th with min GPA of 50.0% or more. For any PG Program min level of education required 2 year UG Diploma or Bachelors with 50% or more.
ENGLISH PROFICIENCY REQUIREMENTS
For UG & PG Programs
- IELTS Overall : 6 (Min Listening: 6.0, Min Reading: 6.0, Min Speaking: 6.0, Min Writing: 6.0) Any 1 band may have a minimum of 5.5 instead only for UG Programs.
- Duolingo English Test Score : 105 Score
- PTE Overall : 58 Score for UG | 60 Score for PG
- TOEFL iBT : 79 Score
OPERATIONAL DAYS OF CLASSES
The Total number of days classes at Northern College is 4-5 days per week depending on your chosen program & is closed on weekends and holidays.
To study at Northern College one must search for the available intakes for the program you have selected, so they mainly provide you three intakes in January, May & September by which the college remains active throughout the whole year in terms of intakes.
LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE
Once you chose your program and after submitting the application fee, the Northern College gives you best and quick services and provides you an offer letter in just 5-6 working days for which the application will be 100 CAD (non-refundable).
1 Year Certificate Programs
- Business Fundamentals (B287W) – TUITION FEE – $14,382.00 CAD
- Pre-Health Science – Pathway to Advanced Diplomas and Degrees (H162) – TUITION FEE – $14,382.00 CAD
- Medical Laboratory Technician (H150) – TUITION FEE – $18,825.00 CAD
- Personal Support Worker (H136) – TUITION FEE – $14,382.00 CAD
2 Year UG Programs
- Business – General (B026) – TUITION FEE – $14,382.00 CAD
- Practical Nursing – TUITION FEE – $15,688.00 CAD
- Business – Accounting (B095) – TUITION FEE – $14,382.00 CAD
- Social Service Worker (A068) – TUITION FEE – $14,382.00 CAD
- Instrumentation and Control Engineering Technician (M001) – TUITION FEE – $14,382.00 CAD
- Business Human Resources (B114W) – TUITION FEE – $14,382.00 CAD
- Office Administration – Executive (B275) – TUITION FEE – $14,382.00 CAD
- Veterinary Technician (H058) – TUITION FEE – $14,382.00 CAD
- Construction Engineering Technician (T067) – TUITION FEE – $14,382.00 CAD
- Motive Power Technician – Automotive Service (T110) – TUITION FEE – $14,382.00 CAD
- Social Service Worker (A007) – TUITION FEE – $14,382.00 CAD
- Global Business, Entrepreneurship & Technology (GBET) (B303) – TUITION FEE – $14,382.00 CAD
- Civil Engineering Technician (T016) – TUITION FEE – $14,382.00 CAD
- Business General (B005) – TUITION FEE – $14,382.00 CAD
- Early Childhood Education (A003) – TUITION FEE – $14,382.00 CAD
- Motive Power Technician – Heavy Equipment (T121) – TUITION FEE – $14,382.00 CAD
- Police Foundations (A227) – TUITION FEE – $14,382.00 CAD
- Business – Human Resources (B111) – TUITION FEE – $14,382.00 CAD
- General Arts and Science – Community Service (G045C) – TUITION FEE – $14,382.00 CAD
- Business Accounting (B006) – TUITION FEE – $14,382.00 CAD
- Electrical Engineering Technician (T007) – TUITION FEE – $14,382.00 CAD
- Office Administration – Executive (B012) – TUITION FEE – $14,382.00 CAD
- Pre-Service Firefighter Education and Training (T085) – TUITION FEE – $18,825.00 CAD
- Addictions and Mental Health Worker (A151) – TUITION FEE – $15,637.00 CAD
- General Arts and Science – Business (G045B) – TUITION FEE – $14,382.00 CAD
- Business – Marketing (B007) – TUITION FEE – $14,382.00 CAD
- Computer Engineering Technician (T100) – TUITION FEE – $14,382.00 CAD
- Mechanical Engineering Technician (W110) – TUITION FEE – $14,382.00 CAD
- Practical Nursing (H117) – TUITION FEE – $15,688.00 CAD
- Mechanical Technician – Industrial Millwright (T122) – TUITION FEE – $14,382.00 CAD
- Business Human Resources (B111W) – TUITION FEE – $14,382.00 CAD
- General Arts and Science (G045) – TUITION FEE – $14,382.00 CAD
- Global Business, Entrepreneurship and Technology (B313) – TUITION FEE – $14,382.00 CAD
- Information Systems Business Analysis (B305) – TUITION FEE – $14,382.00 CAD
- Supply Chain Management (B307) – TUITION FEE – $14,382.00 CAD
- Health Care Management (H161) – TUITION FEE – $14,382.00 CAD
- Emergency Management, Terrorism and Pandemic Response (H101) – TUITION FEE – $14,382.00 CAD
RANKING OF NORTHERN COLLEGE
The Northern College ranked 9210 in all the Universities around the World by QS Global World Ranking. The College has ranked 143 in National ranking by Webometrics, 2411 in Continental ranking by Webometrics which is an impressive analysis.