Founded in 1966, The Selkirk College is one of the beautiful public colleges in British Columbia known for being one of the best community colleges although it’s the first regional Community college of British Columbia. Lying under DLI Number: O19360990072, The College makes the perfect feel of home like by its warm and welcoming environment for all the students across the world. The Selkirk College’s classrooms and communities settled within the welcoming West Kootenay and Boundary regions of British Columbia. Since 1966, The College has never stopped giving its best in being more innovative every year and its unique learning opportunities through 60+ nationally recognized programs. Its International part is committed to welcoming students from around the world and providing opportunities for all Selkirk College students to have an international experience as a part of their studies. At Selkirk College, Canadian and International Students study side-by-side in over 60 different programs.
So, every student has a dream to study at Selkirk College it’s a perfect institution where eclectic communities offering a premise of recreational and diverse cultural activities come together perfectly in a glorious environment full of students who always inspires others to achieve best academic achievements to touch the heights of success. That place exists at Selkirk College, the ideal place to learn, create, recreate and be inspired.
WHY SELKIRK COLLEGE
Briefing about its location Selkirk College is located in the Kootenays, a spectacular region of rivers, lakes, waterfalls, beaches, mineral hot water springs, alpine meadows and snowy mountains that are home to four of British Columbia’s seven national parks. Selkirk College is large enough to provide quality student services and facilities, its shrink class sizes with individual attention not found in most post-secondary institutions, by which Selkirk has achieved a name in doing so. Its quality of education can be seen by their professional Instructors who are experts in their fields having relevant real-world experience to share with students.
The student has always support from employer advisory committees, exciting co-op education options and an outstanding B.C. post-secondary transfer system, student access to achieving goals is limitless. Its affordable tuition and student awards at Selkirk College make post-secondary education accessible for every student who has a dream of studying and achieving great success in their life.
Selkirk college has a great campus life as the college not only helps polishing the education part but also helps the students to explore their hidden talents by helping to indulge in extra curriculum activities, celebration the eves, the festivals and other activities of college. Student much enjoys the hiking, snowboarding, swimming and much more and relaxing on the beaches is an all-time favorite pastime activity. So don’t miss this golden chance to create a lifetime memories at Selkirk College.
CAMPUS LOCATION OF SELKIRK COLLEGE
The Selkirk College is known for its two best campuses located at its best location which includes the Castlegar Campus and another one is Nelson Campus. If you are looking for your preferred campus then there are two options available so chose according to your choice.
Below are the campus details mentioned.
- Selkirk College – Castlegar Campus – 301 Frank Beinder Way, Castlegar, BC V1N 4L3, Canada
- Selkirk College – Nelson – 2001 Silver King Rd, Nelson, BC V1L 1C8, Canada
LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE
Once you chose your program and after submitting the application fee, the College releases its offer letter within 15 working days for which the application will be 100 CAD (non-refundable).
2 YEAR UNDERGRADUATE DIPLOMA
For admission to Selkirk College, the applicant must meet the eligibility criteria, mentioned below. The minimum level of education required is Grade 12 with min GPA of 50.0%.
English Proficiency Requirements:
- IELTS overall: 6 (Min Listening: 5.5, Min Reading: 5.5, Min Speaking: 5.5, Min Writing: 5.5)
- Duolingo English Test Score: 105
- TOEFL iBT: 80
POSTGRADUATE CERTIFICATE / MASTER’S DEGREE
A minimum level of education required is a 3-Year Bachelor’s Degree with min GPA of 50.0%
English Proficiency Requirements:
- IELTS overall: 6.5 (Min Listening: 6.0, Min Reading: 6.0, Min Speaking: 6.0, Min Writing: 6.0)
- TOEFL iBT: 87
- Duolingo English Test Score: 110
OPERATIONAL DAYS OF CLASSES
The working days of Selkirk College will be 4 days per week. The College is closed on weekends and holidays.
To study at Selkirk College, one must search for the available intakes for the program you have selected, so the college’s mainly provides you three major intakes January 2022/May 2022/Sept 2022. For International applicants Sept intake is most recommendable as this intake provides most of the verity of Programs.
REFUND POLICY OF SELKIRK COLLEGE
Refunds are based on the date a Program/Course Registration Change form is received by the Registrar’s Office. Seat deposits are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Students who withdraw 30 calendar days prior to the course start date for any reason after paying the tuition fee are eligible to receive a 50% refund of the semester tuition, upgrading fees, and supplementary fees.
- Full refunds, less an administration fee, will be provided to students who do not receive their Canadian study permit. Students must notify Selkirk College in writing and provide the required documentation prior to the start of the semester (scanned, notarized copy of the original letter from the Canadian Embassy stating the reasons the visa was denied).
- International students who pay their tuition fee via wire transfer will receive their refund by wire transfer or other mechanisms that ensure prompt payment of the refund. The cost of the wire transfer will be deducted from the refund amount.
AVAILABLE PROGRAMS with TUITION FEE
Here is the list of programs that are available in Selkirk College Castlegar.
- Elementary Education – TUITION FEE – $11,890.00 CAD
- Human Services – Social Service Worker – TUITION FEE – $11,890.00 CAD
- Forest Technology (Optional Co-Op) – TUITION FEE – $11,890.00 CAD
- Associate of Arts – General – TUITION FEE – $11,890.00 CAD
- Business Administration – Management (Optional Co-Op) – TUITION FEE – $11,890.00 CAD
- Liberal Arts – Creative Writing – TUITION FEE – $11,890.00 CAD
- Associate of Science – Biochemistry – TUITION FEE – $11,890.00 CAD
- Liberal Arts – General – TUITION FEE – $11,890.00 CAD
- Advanced College Diploma – Geographic Information Systems (Optional Co-Op) – TUITION FEE – $11,890.00 CAD
- Integrated Environmental Planning Technology (Optional Co-Op) – TUITION FEE – $11,890.00 CAD
- Early Childhood Care and Education – TUITION FEE – $12,111.00 CAD
- Associate of Arts – English – TUITION FEE – $11,890.00 CAD
- Associate of Arts – Peace and Justice Studies – TUITION FEE – $11,890.00 CAD
- Associate of Science – Biology – TUITION FEE – $11,890.00 CAD
- Liberal Arts – Law and Justice Studies – TUITION FEE – $14,268.00 CAD
- Recreation, Fish and Wildlife (Optional Co-Op) – TUITION FEE – $11,890.00 CAD
- Associate of Science – General – TUITION FEE – $11,890.00 CAD
- Business Administration – Accounting and Finance (Optional Co-Op) – TUITION FEE – $11,890.00 CAD
- Associate of Arts – Psychology – TUITION FEE – $11,890.00 CAD
- Associate of Arts – History – TUITION FEE – $11,890.00 CAD
- Associate of Science – Chemistry – TUITION FEE – $11,890.00 CAD
- Gerontological Nursing – TUITION FEE – $14,280.00 CAD
- Business Management – TUITION FEE – $12,758.00 CAD
- Accounting – TUITION FEE – $12,758.00 CAD
Also Check: All About Georgian College in Canada
If you want to apply feel free to contact us: Call or Whatsapp: +91 700 932 4704, E-mail: email@example.com or fill the form given below.